1.4 Billion USD Investment in Expansion of Atlantis Resort
Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) and Kerzner International Holdings Limited (“Kerzner”), a leading international developer and operator of destination resorts and luxury hotels, today unveiled plans to forever enhance the landscape of Dubai with The Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences. Located on the crescent of The Palm and next to the iconic Atlantis resort, this new generation of distinctive luxury will offer a sophisticated lifestyle experience, edgier than any resort in the region, with infinite ocean views, accented with lush green spaces, encapsulated in dramatic architecture.
“This next phase of Atlantis, including the luxury residences of The Royal Atlantis, will continue to drive the growth of Dubai forward,” commented H.E. Mohammed Ibrahim Al Shaibani, Executive Director and CEO of Investment Corporation of Dubai (“ICD”) and Chairman of Kerzner International. “This investment reaffirms ICD’s commitment to support the long-term growth of our domestic hospitality market, a key pillar and growth sector for the Dubai economy.” H.E. Mohammed Al Shaibani reiterated the importance of this investment for Dubai and its strengthening hotel and tourism industry as the Emirate prepares to host the Expo World Fair in 2020.
Features of the new project will include:
- An approximate total investment of $1.4 billion in the resort expansion and amenities.
- Nearly 800 new guest rooms and lavish suites with spectacular architecture from Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF) and interior design by GA Design.
- 250 luxury Residences that will redefine the leisure residential experience in Dubai, designed by Sybille de Margerie Design, providing exclusive doorstep access to exciting restaurants and entertainment, as well as unsurpassed resort experiences with definitive signature service.
- The Royal Atlantis Resort will stand 46 storeys tall and feature spectacular ocean and Palm views, allowing guests to feel that they are literally floating between the sky and sea.
- Introduction of revolutionary play between fire and water.
- The chic new Sky Pool will soar almost 90 metres above The Palm, offering the ultimate Ultra-Pool experience with Dubai city views.
- New, never before-seen marine experiences.
Guests and residents will be able to enjoy a variety of unique amenities, from soaring private gardens and private infinity pools overlooking the ocean and The Palm, to the Sky Pool, an Ultra-Pool with a variety of cutting-edge experiences to the ultimate Beach Club. Known for innovative food and beverage concepts, Kerzner International will unveil new world-class restaurants with award-winning celebrity chefs, as well as incredible new entertainment experiences. Luxury retail boutiques will be curated to offer a wide and interesting selection for shopping pleasure. The destination will also house an indulgent Spa, introducing traditional and holistic practices fused with modern spa therapies, as well as a cutting-edge fitness centre. Younger guests will experience their own adventures, from discovering exotic marine life, to culinary lessons, to the latest in gaming. In addition, event space will be available for both large and small gatherings, whether for business or for pleasure.
Atlantis has always redefined destinations and introduced awe-inspiring and never-before-seen experiences, and this next phase of development is no exception. Revolutionary water play and interactive marine experiences will be unveiled for both residents and guests alike. This innovative resort with luxury residences will re-interpret the myth of Atlantis while unveiling ground-breaking experiences.