Industry Stalwarts set to headline Region’s First Smart Facilities Management Conference this August
Aldrich International, a global consulting platform spearheading the development of knowledge-based economies in the MENASEA, will convene The Smart Facilities Management Conference & Showcase (SFM) 2021, the GCC region’s first Smart FM Gathering focusing on Smart Technologies impacting the growth & future of FM industry in Middle East, scheduled on August 18-19 in Dubai, UAE.
Addressing the theme of “Gearing Up for the Future, Developing Sustainable Facility Management Strategies”, the summit’s vision is to facilitate an enabling environment to address the emerging trends, challenges and opportunities in the Facilities Management sector of the Middle East Market.
Dubai aims to be a smart city by 2021, which has prompted the proliferation of information technology (IT) and consulting firms. In the coming years, the cleaning category will grow the fastest in the U.A.E. Facility Management Market, based on service. The higher CAGR, of 11.8%, in the mode fragment of the U.A.E. Facility Management Market is anticipated to be seen in the deployed bifurcation. Owing to the increasing awareness of reevaluating such activities, including reduced functional costs and opportunity to focus on their prime business area, industrial and commercial firms are outsourcing third-party service providers. (Source: Research & Markets)
Speaking ahead of the summit, Said El Haouasli, Vice President - Facilities Management, DAMAC Properties said, “Today, the growth in real estate can be attributed to the boost given by Dubai & Abu Dhabi to the once-booming commercial sector and supporting increasing the number of residential projects, leisure sector, health sector, hospitality and education, to name a few. The growth will increase the demand for facilities management across the country. The rise in integrated technologies fueled with the UAE hosting the EXPO 2020 will aid in the growth of facilities management (FM) over the next few years. FM role in Dubai Vision 2040 will be crucial and pivotal. The increased infrastructure required to realize the plan will require FM providers will further enhance their existing service offering, built on the foundation of sustainability that puts people and the environment at the forefront.”
Expressing his views on GCC’s facilities management environment, Khaldun Aburok, Director, Farnek Services LLC said, “FM has evolved into a crucial component of urban development, hospitality, healthcare and education. It is no longer confined to merely cleaning and general maintenance. Smart and green FM performed by a well-trained workforce will be essential to drive Dubai's visionary plan and enhance people's quality of life over decades.”
Speaking on the importance of asset lifecycle management & the role of facilities management, Imtiaz Ahmad, Director - Commercial Operations FM, Dubai Holding Asset Management (DHAM) said, “Facility Management is one of the key business enablers. By applying “Smart FM Solutions” we add value for building occupants and facility owners.”
Focusing on operations & FM as a key function to influence customer experience and enhance business resilience in post-pandemic, Prabhu Ramachandran, Founder & CEO, Facilio said, “The Smart FM Conference provides a significant stage for the FM industry on its path to deliver tech-driven innovation and frictionless customer experiences. The recent challenges on cost strain and increased need for smooth services has reemphasized the industry’s need to adopt a modern, data-driven approach to operating properties. I look forward to discussing with other expert panelists on the ways in which FMs are playing a strategic role in client success today.”
The two-day conference will see key panel discussions on developing professional potential for the SMART workplace, building energy manager accreditation scheme and `its role in Dubai’s energy efficiency ambitions, increasing efficiency through digitalization in FM, future leaders of the Middle East FM sector among others.
Key Industry Veterans from leading facilities management services, smart & security solutions will headline The Smart Facilities Management Conference 2021 as it aims to spearhead discussions gravitating around the high-stake area of Smart Facilities Management. The confirmed industry leaders at the summit include:
- Said El Haouasli, Vice President - Facilities Management, DAMAC Properties;
- Bashar Kassab, Facilities Management, Emaar;
- Maryke Tredoux, Head of Soft Services, Nakheel Malls;
- Imtiaz Ahmad, Director - Commercial Operations FM, Dubai Holding Asset Management (DHAM);
- Gloria Mamwa, Regional Head of Property;,Africa & Middle East, Standard Chartered Bank;
- Khalid Shaban, Director Facilities, Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA);
- Salam. I. Ilayyan, Director of Operations, The Galleria Al Maryah Island;
- Louise Collins, Director, Project & Development Services, JLL MENA;
- Sherif Amin, Director of General Services - Facilities and Corporate Operations, Farah Experiences LLC;
- Ahmad Gul, Director of Facilities Management, Danat Al Emarat Hospital;
- Shahzada Musa, Global Facilities Manager, Aramex;
- Daniela Ina Voicu, Director of Operations & Asset Management, DXB Entertainments;
- Graeme Lindsay Sims, Executive Director, The Regulatory & Supervisory Bureau (RSB Dubai), the Regulator of Dubai’s Water and Electricity Sector;
- David Carey, FM Technology Specialist & Transformation Consultant, IWFM;
- Khaldun Aburok, Director, Farnek Services LLC;
- Javeria Aijaz, Senior Director – Technology and Innovations, Farnek Services LLC;
- Prabhu Ramachandran, Founder & CEO, Facilio;
- Peter Ankerstjerne, Chairman of the Board, IFMA; Erdem Soyal, Vice President Middle East & Africa, Barco;
- Peter Maung, General Manager, Intertech Vision ME among others.
The 2-day show is expected to draw participation from over 200 prominent facility management services, waste management, green FM/ energy, fire prevention, protection and security industry from across the GCC onto one platform by spearheading actionable debate, impactful change and high-level outcomes.
To find out more about SFM 2021, please visit: https://facilitiesmiddleeast.com/