About Knauf Fire & Moisture Resistant Gypsum Boards (FM)
Knauf Fire & Moisture Resistant Gypsum Boards (FM)
Knauf Fire & Moisture Resistant Gypsum Boards are fire resistant boards whose gypsum core is additionally hydrophobized against absorption of moisture. Their application areas are similar to the Knauf FR Boards. However FM boards are primarily used for bathrooms and kitchens in private housing and offices. Knauf Fire & Moisture Resistant Gypsum Boards comply fully with the requirements of DIN18180-GKFI, EN520-Type DFH1 and ASTM1396/1396M-Water Resistant & TypeX.
Fields of Application
Knauf Fire & Moisture Resistant Gypsum Boards are high performance gypsum boards used as the cladding component of drywall constructions in humid areas such as:
Note: Fire resistant gypsum boards are just part of a complete fire rated assembly. To achieve a certain fire rating on a Knauf Dryqwall assembly, the complete system components from Knauf has to be used and the assembly has to be installed according to Knauf’s installation guidelines.
- Fire rated Partition or Ceilings of Kitchens / Bathrooms
- Fire rated shaft walls in humid areas
- Lighweight constructions
- Easy, fast and dry application
- Good sound insulation performance
- Hydrophobic boards impregnated against absorption of moisture
- High fire protection performance
- Contains glass fibre additives to maintain the integrity of board for longer time periods than standard boards when exposed to fire.
- A material that breathes and balances room climate and humidity levels
- Environment friendly
- Limitless design options
09 20 00 - Plaster and Gypsum Board
09 29 00 - Gypsum Board