About Sondex Freshwater Distiller
Sondex Freshwater Distiller
Sondex freshwater distiller utilizes the heat from diesel engine jacket cooling water to produce pure drinkable water by evaporating sea water under high vacuum, enabling the feed water to evaporate at temperatures below 48°C. Steam can also be used as the heat source instead of the hot jacket water. Sondex freshwater distiller is based on two Sondex titanium plate heat exchangers, acting as an evaporator and a condenser respectively.
Capacity 1-150 tons/day.
Features and Application
- The Sondex multistage freshwater distiller is based on the utilization of waste heat basically used where high production is required, and the energy available is limited.
- The Sondex multistage unit is therefore only consuming about the energy of the single-stage units.
- The typical applications are off-shore rigs, passenger ships, hotels and other places where the waste heat is limited or expensive to create.
- The Sondex multistage units have been specially designed and fully scale tested, before introduction to the market, in order to secure a stable and reliable production with long service intervals, and production of very pure fresh water with low salinity.
- The Sondex multistage units are today covering a capacity range from 50 to 500 tons/day. Therefore we can offer our customers an economical and technical solution which is far superior to any other evaporators on the market.
- The Sondex multistage unit is remarkable on many points and is also based on the specially designed "vertical tube" design plates resulting in excellent water distribution with no disturbing contact points in the boiling stage. Thus the water scaling is very low.
- The Sondex multistage unit operates fully automatically according to given water flow and pressures, and requires a minimum of supervision.
- Steam can also be used as the heat source instead of the hot jacket water.
Categories: freshwater distiller, pure drinkable water, potable water, evaporating sea water under high vacuum, DS/EN ISO 9001:2000.